alfanar Technical Services successfully replaced 500 MVA 380/18-18KV step up transformer at Marafiq-Jubail within stipulated time (25 Days).
The new transformer was supplied by HHI and all the execution work was done by ATS. It is work mentioning that the project was very critical because of time limitation, however, ATS team was able to complete the work on time.
Below work was performed by ATS in this project,
- Preparation and submission of each activity procedure/drawings/JSA/Risk assessment/MOS and taking approval from Marafiq & HHI.
- Fire wall dismantling
- Removal of firefighting system
- Old transformer all accessories & 380KV GIB removal
- Old Transformer removal from foundation and shifting to spare foundation
- New transformer shifting to existing foundation
- All accessories installation on new transformer
- Transformer Vacuuming/oil filling/filtration
- 380KV GIB installation/vacuuming/SF6 gassing
- All electrical tests/control test/protection devices tests/relays tests/SF6 gas test etc.
- Rebuilt the Fire wall as per old design
- Performed Fire wall concrete strength tests
- Installation of firefighting system and performed its commissioning tests
- Reports preparation and submission to Marafiq
- Comply all punch points before transformer energization
- Witnessing the transformer energization
This activity was supervised by teams from Marafiq JWAP, JOMEL Team, Marafiq consultants and HHI engineer.